As tempting as it is to down an ice-cold glass of water on a sunny day, it seems that the benefits of consuming your water warmer might out-weigh the instant gratification of drinking it cold!
Here’s why it’s better to drink warm water:
- Water helps break down food in your stomach. Warm water breaks down these foods even faster, aiding digestion. Research has shown that consuming cold water directly before, during, or after a meal can actually harden the oil present in the food and create a fat deposit on the inner wall of the intestine which can be a contributing factor in intestinal cancer.
- Warm water increases the tightening of the intestines, which is thought to optimise elimination.
- Warm water increases body temperature, which subsequently increases our metabolic rate. This makes the body to burn calories at a faster rate which might assist in weight loss.
- Warm water helps to eliminate fat deposits in the body along with accumulating deposits in the nervous system. This can help to enhance blood circulation.
- Warm water increases blood flow to the skin and can help to relax muscle cramps and spasms.
- Warm water can help to dissolve phlegm and remove it from your respiratory tract.