Workshops. Events. Retreats
Meditation 101 Workshop
- The science of stress and it’s detrimental impacts on our physiology;
- The evidence behind meditation and it’s profound effects on our health and wellbeing;
- Common misconceptions about meditation;
- Techniques on how to get the most out of your meditation practice.
NB: This workshop is included in the 14 day introductory trial.
The holiday season tends to send us all a bit silly. From the shopping to the celebrating to the deadlines, the added pressures and unrealistic expectations of this period can understandably get a bit much.
We’ve called on Psychologist, Lorraine Corne (author or The Little Book of Anxiety Fixes) to help share her wisdom on how to survive this silly season.
Come in with a particular experience in mind (real or anticipated) and come out with an effective solution for it.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Who cares is a monthly meet-up for urban professionals sharing about their experiences with anxiety and/or depression. It’s mission is to provide a confidential, safe space where we can each have a voice that is heard and supported, not dismissed or judged. So many people have anxiety/depression, so essentially: ‘who cares?’ – it is nothing to be ashamed of! However, we are a group of people who do care about supporting each other through it. Sessions happens once a month and are free of charge.
Please feel free to email us for more information via email@example.com
The Book Circle
The Book Circle is an open-minded, open-ended gathering for urban professionals to discuss and ruminate on ideas and concepts inspired by the books we don’t have the time to read but have always wanted to.
NB: Circles are free to attend and only three chapters of the nominated book (chosen every 6 weeks) need to be read. Themes revolve around meditation, mindfulness, psychology, neuroplasticity etc…
Please feel free to email us for more information via firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindfulness Workshop Series
From this workshop, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the nature of the mind and how to effectively handle it.We will explore:
- How the mind operates with respect to thoughts;
- The concept of mindfulness and it’s application to daily life;
- Specific techniques for overcoming destructive thought patterns.
From this workshop, you will gain an understanding of the true essence of emotions and how to overcome challenging emotional experiences.We will discover:
- The composition of emotions and how they are experienced;
- Our relationship with our emotions and how they impact ourselves and our environment;
- Practical techniques on how to effectively deal with challenging experiences and in turn alter our relationship with our environment.
We will cultivate actions that bring about mindfulness in:
Gathered is a bi-monthly gathering for men and women alike to open up and share about their unique experiences of fertility. We know first hand that the delicate journey of conception can sometimes be isolating, often filled with feelings of fear, anxiety and comparison. We invite you to come and share your personal experiences in a safe and confidential space, whilst connecting with others who are on a similar path.
Please feel free to email us for more information via email@example.com.
Here And Now Retreat
- Experience deep levels of calm and wellbeing in your mind and body;
- Cultivate new layers of clarity and insight on meditation and mindfulness as profound tools for personal growth;
- Learn self-led techniques so that you become a confident meditation practitioner on your own.
From Thursday night 3rd Aug – Sunday afternoon 6th August, 2017
Centred Meditation Sydney
Centred Meditation Sydney is located at: 10/66 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
City Mutual Building (above Rockpool & Spice Temple)
Level 10, 66 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW 2000
02 8006 1403